Washington, DC or Northern, VA
VG Systems is seeking a confident and skilled Drupal developer with great communication skills and the ability to work directly with stakeholders of varying knowledge, in support of our customer’s public-facing website. The Senior Drupal Developer will be the primary solution architect for requirements and must be able to effectively elicit, define and decompose partial requirements. This position will support the web development Project Manager and provide technical leadership and guidance to team members that are also responsible for the development of this website. The Lead will be expected to have, communicate, and implement a vision for ways to improve and enhance the website to take full advantage of Drupal’s capability. The client’s website is hosted on Aquia’s servers, therefore, experience with Acquia is a plus. The start date is immediate (ASAP), as the 10-year contract was just awarded on August 12, 2019.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide guidance and subject matter expertise during planning events.
- Design, develop, and test changes to a Drupal-based website.
- Contribute to documentation of configurations and data management processes.
- Support Service Desk, Surge, Data Calls, Ad Hoc, and COOP activities.
- Contribute to quarterly production releases on Acquia hosted site.
- Weekly (daily if needed) interaction with Acquia support personnel to monitor site performance.
- Perform regression and cross-browser and -platform testing, including mobile.
- Assist with website roadmap planning, such as migrating from Drupal 7 to 8.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3+ years of Drupal Administration and Development experience.
- Acquia Cloud experience.
- A proven performer in building successful solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Experience with traditional and agile project management life cycle methodologies.
- Experience in migration from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8.
- Preferred Certifications: Acquia Certificate Program, including Certified Site Builder, Developer, Front End Specialist, or Back End Specialist.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.