Washington, DC or Northern, VA
We are seeking a talented SharePoint Architect responsible for oversight of the infrastructure and enterprise software services and configuration to support leading edge SharePoint capabilities for large public and private IT Program Management Organizations (PMO). The ideal candidate brings hands-on SharePoint architecture experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the architect will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- High level planning for the implementation architecture – Portal taxonomy, content organization, site collection separation, content and navigation organization
- High level design for all development efforts – Reviews methodology and defined standards related to how software will be written, managed, and implemented relating to SharePoint
- Business integration constraints – Defines the rules and constraints for all information and business systems integration with the SharePoint solution
- Defines and enforces adherence to standards whenever possible – Maximize the portal investment value and minimizing maintenance costs
- Customization decisions – Understands the implementation and recommends the best customization based upon the business needs including anticipation of future needs
- Serve as a technical advisor – Participating in the design of the SharePoint enterprise; e.g., site templates, portal design, content management capabilities, review and approve custom developed and third-party solution packages
- Manages project risks, and escalates incidents to the management team as necessary
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, CE, EE, IT, Systems Engineer, etc. or equivalent experience and training required
- Experience with MS SharePoint development, architecture, and administration
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Must possess or be able to obtain a US Department of Defense Secret and/or a US Government Public Trust clearance
- Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- Hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
VG Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, VG Systems, LLC, a Microsoft Silver Partner, is a leading small business provider of highly optimized project portfolio management information systems and project management office support. Our hand-picked teams of project management solution experts deliver sustainable turnkey solutions utilizing industry standard Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project Server products and governance constructs to support them.
At VG Systems we know our employees are our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salary and monetary incentives; competitive benefits package including: 401(k); liberal paid time off; a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs; and an opportunity for career growth with a budget for skills development training and education.