Washington, DC or Northern, VA
We are seeking a talented SharePoint Developer (.Net) able to create applications, workflows, and BI solutions within SharePoint and Project Server 2010/2013 environments. The ideal candidate brings hands-on development experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the developer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with the SharePoint Business Analysts and Web Designers to advise and develop technical solutions to satisfy customer business requirements
- Create custom features, web parts, timer jobs and other application solutions using Visual Studio to leveraging the SharePoint Object Model API, web services and SQL Server development
- Participate in SharePoint Service Strategy Committee Meetings
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc. or equivalent years of experience and training required
- At least 1 year of .Net development experience (advanced experience desired)
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Must possess or be able to obtain a US Department of Defense Secret and/or a US Government Public Trust clearance
- Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- Hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
VG Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, VG Systems, LLC, a Microsoft Silver Partner, is a leading small business provider of highly optimized project portfolio management information systems and project management office support. Our hand-picked teams of project management solution experts deliver sustainable turnkey solutions utilizing industry standard Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project Server products and governance constructs to support them.
At VG Systems we know our employees are our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salary and monetary incentives; competitive benefits package including: 401(k); liberal paid time off; a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs; and an opportunity for career growth with a budget for skills development training and education.