Washington, DC or Northern, VA
We are seeking a talented SharePoint Infrastructure Engineer responsible for oversight of the infrastructure of SharePoint environments to support leading edge SharePoint capabilities for large public and private IT Program Management Organizations (PMO). The ideal candidate brings hands-on server infrastructure experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the engineer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing and checking the overall server health and functionality
- Review Change Management approved deployment requests and activate custom developed and third-party solution packages and applications
- Manage the Windows Server operating system
- Manage system security including service account passwords
- Install Operating System, Application and SharePoint upgrades, updates, patches
- Manage Server, Application and SharePoint backup strategy and perform restores of servers, settings, content and other application data.
- Support of network teams and ensuring correct operation of the server environment
- Configure, monitor and tune SQL Servers to include maintenance jobs and database index tuning
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Must have previous experience managing servers, application and SharePoint backup strategy and performing restores of servers, settings, content and other application data.
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Must possess or be able to obtain a US Department of Defense Secret and/or a US Government Public Trust clearance
- Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- 2+ years hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
VG Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, VG Systems, LLC, a Microsoft Silver Partner, is a leading small business provider of highly optimized project portfolio management information systems and project management office support. Our hand-picked teams of project management solution experts deliver sustainable turnkey solutions utilizing industry standard Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project Server products and governance constructs to support them.
At VG Systems we know our employees are our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salary and monetary incentives; competitive benefits package including: 401(k); liberal paid time off; a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs; and an opportunity for career growth with a budget for skills development training and education.