Washington, DC or Northern, VA
VG Sytems is seeking a talented SharePoint Infrastructure Engineer responsible for oversight of the infrastructure of SharePoint environments to support leading-edge SharePoint capabilities for large public and private IT Program Management Organizations (PMO). The ideal candidate brings hands-on server infrastructure experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the engineer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing and checking the overall server health and functionality.
- Review Change Management approved deployment requests and activate custom developed and third-party solution packages and applications.
- Manage the Windows Server operating system.
- Manage system security including service account passwords.
- Install Operating System, Application, and SharePoint upgrades, updates, patches.
- Manage Server, Application, and SharePoint backup strategy and perform restores of servers, settings, content, and other application data.
- Support of network teams and ensuring correct operation of the server environment.
- Configure, monitor, and tune SQL Servers to include maintenance jobs and database index tuning.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Must have previous experience managing servers, application, and SharePoint backup strategy and performing restores of servers, settings, content, and other application data.
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes.
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus.
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a Secret Clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.