Washington, DC Metro Area
We are seeking a talented SharePoint/Project Server Developer able to create applications, workflows, and BI solutions within SharePoint and Project Server 2010/2013 environments. The ideal candidate brings hands-on development experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the developer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess business intelligence requirements and product backlog
- Extend the out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint and Project Server to meet needs of customers
- Translate process diagrams and artifacts into SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013 Workflows, potentially leveraging Visio Service for workflow visualization
- Design and develop BI solutions using the Microsoft BI stack, and deploy within SharePoint and Project Server environments
- Prepare technical documentation for transition of solutions to Operations & Maintenance
- Effectively work and communicate with the project manager and the project team members
- Work with Training Manager to develop training materials, assess usability, and make updates accordingly
- Support ongoing, ad-hoc reporting needs
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Experience building dashboards and reports
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues
- Candidate needs to be capable of understanding unstructured requirements, analyze them and translate them into tangible technical deliverables in form of reports
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Tranform, Load) techniques and processes
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret and/or a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- 2+ years hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
VG Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, VG Systems, LLC, a Microsoft Silver Partner, is a leading small business provider of highly optimized project portfolio management information systems and project management office support. Our hand-picked teams of project management solution experts deliver sustainable turnkey solutions utilizing industry standard Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project Server products and governance constructs to support them.
At VG Systems we know our employees are our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salary and monetary incentives; competitive benefits package including: 401(k); liberal paid time off; a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs; and an opportunity for career growth with a budget for skills development training and education.