Washington, DC Metro Area
VG Systems is seeking a talented Microsoft Project Server Administrator to support leading-edge project server capabilities for large public and private IT Program Management Organizations (PMO). Our administrators support Microsoft Project Server On-Premises, virtual cloud-based infrastructures (Azure, AWS, etc.), and/or Project Online deployments. The project server administrator will develop and manage highly optimized Project Server configurations within SharePoint and Project Server environments.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administration of MS Project Server technologies.
- Extend the out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint and Project Server to meet customer needs.
- Fulfill requests for Business Intelligence (BI) development via tools such as Microsoft Excel Services, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and PowerBI.
- Prepare technical documentation for the transition of solutions to Operations & Maintenance, and support the development of training materials.
- Facilitate meetings, & conduct client/user training events.
- Support Business Process Engineering initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues.
- 1 year of experience supporting Microsoft SharePoint Server, Project Server, or Project Professional.
- Experience building reports and/or dashboards.
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience implementing Project Server technology
- Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Experience building reports and/or dashboards for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- Microsoft Certified Professional for Project Server 2010 or 2013 strongly desired.
- Additional preferred certifications include Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Security+, CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desired.
- Experience customizing to the branding and user interface is strongly preferred.
- The candidate must possess or be qualified for a Security Clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.