Washington, DC Metro Area
We are seeking talented Microsoft Project Server Administrators to support leading edge project server capabilities for large public and private IT Program Management Organizations (PMO). Our administrators support Microsoft Project Server On-Premises, virtual cloud based infrastructures (Azure, AWS, etc.), and/or Project Online deployments. The project server administrator will develop and manage highly optimized Project Server configurations within SharePoint and Project Server environments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Administration of MS Project Server technologies
- Extend the out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint and Project Server to meet customer needs
- Fulfill requests for Business Intelligence (BI) development via tools such as Microsoft Excel Services, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), and PowerBI
- Prepare technical documentation for transition of solutions to Operations & Maintenance, and support the development of training materials
- Facilitate meetings, & conduct client/user training events
- Support Business Process Engineering initiatives
Required Skills and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience required
- Background in Systems Administration in a client facing role
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues
- 1 year of experience supporting Microsoft SharePoint Server, Project Server or Project Professional.
- Experience building reports and/or dashboards
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast paced environment
- Must possess or be able to obtain a DoD Secret and/or a Public Trust clearance
- Experience implementing Project Server technology
- Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- 2+ years hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Experience building reports and/or dashboards for SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013
- Microsoft Certified Professional for Project Server 2010 or 2013 strongly desired.
- Additional preferred certifications include Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Security+, CASP (CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner), or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) desired.
- Experience customizing to the branding and user interface is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must possess or be qualified for a Security Clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VG Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Headquartered in Northern Virginia, VG Systems, LLC, a Microsoft Silver Partner, is a leading small business provider of highly optimized project portfolio management information systems and project management office support. Our hand-picked teams of project management solution experts deliver sustainable turnkey solutions utilizing industry standard Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Project Server products and governance constructs to support them.
At VG Systems we know our employees are our most valuable assets. We offer competitive salary and monetary incentives; competitive benefits package including: 401(k); liberal paid time off; a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs; and an opportunity for career growth with a budget for skills development training and education.