Washington, DC or Northern, VA
VG Systems is seeking a talented SharePoint Developer (.Net) to create applications, workflows, and BI solutions within SharePoint and Project Server 2010/2013 environments. The ideal candidate brings hands-on development experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the developer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate with the SharePoint Business Analysts and Web Designers to advise and develop technical solutions to satisfy customer business requirements.
- Create custom features, web parts, timer jobs, and other application solutions using Visual Studio to leveraging the SharePoint Object Model API, web services, and SQL Server development.
- Participate in SharePoint Service Strategy Committee Meetings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, etc. or equivalent years of experience and training required.
- At least 1 year of .Net development experience (advanced experience desired).
- Hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues.
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes.
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus.
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a US Department of Defense Secret and/or a US Government Public Trust clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.