Washington, DC Metro Area
VG Systems is seeking a talented SharePoint/Project Server Developer able to create applications, workflows, and BI solutions within SharePoint and Project Server 2010/2013 environments. The ideal candidate brings hands-on development experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the developer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assess business intelligence requirements and product backlog.
- Extend the out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint and Project Server to meet the needs of customers.
- Translate process diagrams and artifacts into SharePoint/Project Server 2010/2013 Workflows, potentially leveraging Visio Service for workflow visualization.
- Design and develop BI solutions using the Microsoft BI stack, and deploy within SharePoint and Project Server environments.
- Prepare technical documentation for a transition of solutions to Operations & Maintenance.
- Effectively work and communicate with the project manager and the project team members.
- Work with Training Manager to develop training materials, assess usability, and make updates accordingly
- Support ongoing, ad-hoc reporting needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, Excel Services, Power Pivot, Power View, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS).
- Experience building dashboards and reports.
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues.
- The candidate needs to be capable of understanding unstructured requirements, analyze them and translate them into tangible technical deliverables in form of reports.
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes.
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus.
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.