VG Systems is seeking an experienced business development associate to identify and win executable business for regional clients by applying expertise across the business development life cycle, from opportunity identification through shaping and capture to proposal and contract startup. Leverage senior-level leadership and extensive industry relationships for government client lines of business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Pitch VG Systems capabilities and contract vehicles to clients and maintain a useful working relationship with contacts old and new.
• Participate in the development and delivery of marketing materials and plans to increase revenue and profits.
• Develop and execute call/contact plans to stay in contact with customers, partners, and vendors and work with government and industry colleagues to shape opportunities for VG Systems advantage.
• Develop market intelligence for task order opportunities through interactions with Federal Government program owners, procurement officers, and industry representatives.
• Support RFI and proposal task order response activities to include RFP analysis, written content, participation in color reviews, document edits, and developing submission-ready final products.
• Provide a weekly activity report on the opportunity pipeline.
• Implement the recommendations of the strategic marketing plan.
• Interface with internal functional teams and external customers for business development management.
• Perform market research and analysis.
• Prepare routine and non-routine program correspondence, documentation, and reports.
• Create and maintain master files/schedules related to program history, execution, and status for the life of the program (inception to disposal).
Required Skills and Experience
• 10+ years of experience.
• 2+ years of experience with the direct management of federal acquisition center relationships.
• Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships with clients and industry partners.
• Experience with the successful execution of all phases of large and multi-year capture efforts, including strategic planning, teaming, proposals, market, or competitive and price-to-win analyses.
• Knowledge of Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quality (IDIQ) contracts and developing contract vehicle strategies leveraging best-in-class (BIC) contracts.
• Ability to show expertise in the business development life cycle and innovative solution selling methodologies.
• Ability to communicate multi-step and interdependent activities effectively to capture teams and ensure efficient execution of captured efforts.
• BA or BS degree.