Ft. Meade, MD
*This position is currently 100% remote work for now. Might require work onsite after the pandemic.*
VG Systems is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge. In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be an analytical and excellent communicator. Ultimately, you will be in charge of enhancing our client’s business intelligence system to help them make better decisions as a company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Build enterprise data models using Microsoft’s Power BI.
• Partner with stakeholders across departments to understand data needs and define self-service reporting solutions.
• Develop, publish, schedule reports and dashboards to meet business requirements.
• Develop visual reports, dashboards, and KPI scorecards using Power BI desktop.
• Optimize data models and visualizations maximizing Power BI’s speed of response and tune for performance.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 5 years of proven experience as a BI Developer or Data Engineer/Analyst.
• 3+ years of automating tasks using Microsoft’s Power BI.
• Must have good, hands-on experience with SQL.
• Proficient in writing DAX queries on the Power BI desktop.
• Should have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
• Excellent in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports.
• Able to implement row-level security on data and have an understanding of application security layer models in Power BI.
• Able to integrate Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation. Also, one must be experienced in developing custom visuals for Power BI.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.