Washington, DC or Northern, VA
VG Systems is seeking a talented SharePoint Business Intelligence Developer (BI/OOB Developer) to create applications, workflows, and BI solutions within SharePoint and Project Server 2010/2013 environments. The ideal candidate brings hands-on development experience and a problem-solving mind, with a strong desire to learn and grow in an idea-nurturing environment. Although the developer will work primarily on customer projects, they will also be able to support in-house product development when available.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordinate with the SharePoint Business Analysts to advise and develop technical solutions to satisfy customer business requirements.
- Define, build and manage enterprise content types, content type hubs, term store, metadata, and keywords.
- Understanding of fundamental Business Intelligence and Data Architecture and Design concepts.
- Participate in SharePoint Service Strategy Committee Meetings.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
- Experience building dashboards and reports.
- Experience and expertise in analyzing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues.
- The candidate needs to be capable of understanding unstructured requirements, analyze them and translate them into tangible technical deliverables in form of reports.
- Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources.
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes.
- Experience with Project Management processes, best practices, and reporting standards is a plus.
- Self-motivated individual who can work with minimal supervision and can learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a Secret Clearance.
For more information or to apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org